In most laptops the audio board also know as sound board is integrated into the motherboard. In other words, it’s a part of the motherboard and cannot be removed or replaced separately.
Why the audio board cannot be removed? Because the audio chip is soldered to the motherboard.
If the audio board fails, you’ll have to replace the whole motherboard.
AUDIO BOARD FAILURE SYMPTOMS AND TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS.
1. There is no sound from internal speakers or headphones.
- Make sure the volume level is not set to minimum.
- Make sure the volume is not muted.
- If the volume is not mutes and volume level is not set to minimum, but you still have no sound, try reinstalling the audio driver.
- If reinstalling the audio driver doesn’t help, try reinstalling the operating system.
- If nothing helps, it’s possible you have a problem with the audio board.
2. Headphones are working fine but there is no sound coming from the laptop speakers.
- Sometimes contacts inside the audio jack get stuck and there is no external sound because of that. Try to plug and unplug the headphone connector into the jack very quickly a few times.